PART TIME and/or PER DIEM: PARAMEDICS and EMTs (Rolling)
Provides pre-hospital emergency medical care effectively and safely in all types of emergent conditions & environments as part of the Clifton Park & Halfmoon Emergency Corps team.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and functions may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Skilled in all aspects of emergency vehicle response, level specific medical care and other related EMS specialties including the principles of incident management systems and unified command
- Patient advocacy, integrated teamwork, maturity, professionalism and skilled oral and written communications with receiving physicians, nursing staff and EMS operations and leadership personnel are essential
- As an EMS team member, assists in all patient care activities by cooperating with other public safety support agencies
- Completes appropriate patient treatment documentation and other reports as required by policy
- Ensures that duty equipment and vehicles are ready for emergency use
- Attends meetings, seminars and in-services to stay current in duty position
- Participates in the organizational Quality Assurance program
- Participates in organizational outreach and public relations events
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience to be able to explain and demonstrate essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of basic, and position specific, advanced emergency medical care
- Knowledge of UHF/VHF radio communications equipment
- Knowledge of the operation of medical and basic EMS equipment utilized for the provision of pre-hospital emergency medical care
- Knowledge of the principals and practices of emergency medical services, customer service principles, patient advocacy and incident management.
- Skill in emergency vehicle operations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other staff and members of other emergency services
- Skill in performing strenuous work under all weather conditions including emergency situations
- Skill in map reading and navigating to call locations under stress and time constraints
- Ability to utilize computers as required for documentation of patient treatment and billing information
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, remember numerous details and quickly recall essential information
- Ability to identify and meet the needs of the patient, family and support agencies
- Ability to communicate professionally in a manner that conveys care and concern for the patient and family
We provide our part-time employees with paid time off, Aflac benefits, 403(b) opportunities with an employer match after the first year of service, an educational allowance, and more!
For apply for this specific position, please fill out the form below. You will be able to upload resume/CV/cover letter.
Candidates will be notified by Martin Patrick from Human Resources.