Clifton Park & Halfmoon Emergency Corps (CPHM) is fully committed to protecting the health and safety of our staff, our patients, and our Community Outreach participants.
As the COVID-19 Pandemic evolved over the past months, CPHM followed the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the New York State Department of Health, and the Saratoga County Health Department. We also developed new internal operational procedures to minimize the risk of virus transmission. We also worked tirelessly to keep our equipment and vehicles clean and sanitized.
CPHM staff were proud to serve on the frontline of the pandemic and provide the premier patient care that our community has come to expect.
In the weeks and months ahead, our region will continue to re-open and life will return to “normal”. CPHM’s Community Outreach Programs can now re-start, and we are very excited to be able to work with the community again!
CPHM has new requirements to participate in our Community Outreach Programs. These steps allow us to maintain our commitment to safety and health while we provide important outreach and education services for the community.
We appreciate your understanding and compliance with our COVID-19 safety precautions.
Requirements for all CPR classes and skills evaluations:
- Use of hand sanitizer and a temperature check prior to admittance to the building
- Face masks will be required for all students and CPHM staff
- CPR manikins will be equipped with one-way valves and pocket CPR masks, regardless of certification
- Students will wear gloves during skills testing
- Class sizes will be limited to 6 students
- All equipment will be thoroughly disinfected after each student
Requirements for all Child Passenger Safety Seat Installations:
- All appointments will be outside, weather permitting
- Gloves and surgical masks will be worn by CPHM Child Safety Seat Technicians with gloves changed between vehicles
- Face coverings must be worn by parent/caregiver
- Only one parent/caregiver present and no children allowed
- Vehicle and seat must be clean (no trash/debris in vehicle and seat reasonably free of stains/liquids etc.)
- Seats and hard surfaces will be wiped down by CPHM using EPA-approved disinfectants
- A photo of the child and their correct height and weight information will be use to adjust the car seat’s straps and make other final fitting adjustments