ACLS is an advanced, instructor-led classroom course that highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. It also covers airway management and related pharmacology. In this course, skills are taught in large, group sessions and small, group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented.
ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units.
- Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support, reflecting the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an AED
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
Course Cost and Details
Course Format: Classroom-based (instructor and video, with skills conducted throughout)
- ACLS Full 2 Day Class
- Class Length – Full 2 Days / 10.5 hours
- Class Cost - $200
- ACLS 1 Day Refresher
- Class Length – 8 hours
- Class Cost - $140
RECOMMENDED Course Materials
- ACLS Provider Manual - $36.95
Course materials will be available for purchase through CPHM on the day of the class by cash or check. Credit cards are not accepted for manual purchases. If you wish to purchase the materials for this course prior to class, please visit ShopCPR.
There are no upcoming events.