BLS is a video-based, Instructor-led course that teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support. This course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED.
BLS for Healthcare Providers teaches skills using the American Heart Association’s proven Practice-While-Watching technique, which allows Instructors to observe students, provide feedback and guide students’ acquisition of skills.
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings. Community rescuers are also welcome; you need not be a "Healthcare Provider"!
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association
- Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway*
Course Cost and Details
- Course Format: Classroom-based (instructor and video, with skills conducted throughout)
- Class Length – 4 hours
- Class Cost - $75
RECOMMENDED Course Materials
- BLS for Health Care Provider Manual - $13.25
Course materials will be available for purchase through CPHM on the day of the class by cash or check. Credit cards are not accepted for manual purchases. If you wish to purchase the materials for this course prior to class, please visit ShopCPR.
Clifton Park & Halfmoon Emergency Corps.
11/12/2021 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM
AHA, BLS, SKILLS TEST
This exam is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide varie…